Friday, November 7, 2008

Heading Home

Following our 'rest day', we planned another hike up one of the canyons on the west side of Zion. However, the blisters we both have from the West Rim Trail make it prohibitive. With the first sprinkles of the trip falling, we decide to head home.

After packing up camp and hitting the highway, I feel panic setting in. I have learned to adapt very well to travel, but I have no idea what is next for me. As long as we are on the road, I don't have to think about it. What am I going to do with myself and my time? What is next for me? I fumble to find a notepad and make a list of things to do. Better yet, maybe we should make a right turn and go to Moab.

I take a few deep breaths as Wilson continues to drive north...I guess it is time to figure this out.

No comments: