Saturday, December 6, 2008

November

Its hard to believe we have been home for 5 weeks. At first, I was antsy and didn't know what to do with myself. But, as those who have experienced the life of leisure had assurred me, I got used to it. Get up, have coffee and read the paper, make breakfast, go for a walk or a bike ride, visit with family and friends, grocery shop, yard work, build shelves and make curtains, etc etc etc. Oh, and search online for travel bargains...

Which leads us to the next adventure. We're using miles to go to Europe...on Monday. We'll fly into Bucharest, Romania via Amsterdam arriving on Tuesday afternoon. From there we'll take the train to Transylvania and eventually on to Hungary, Czech Republic, and Germany.

Probably not the most prudent thing for one of the many recently unemployed to do, but we're going to take the opportunity while we have it. The justifications I used are these:

Seats are going unused on airplanes - tragic.
The dollar is much stronger vs the Euro than it has been in a long time.
The worldwide economy wants me to keep the $$ flowing.
Empty hotels = cheap rooms
I want to check out the Obamavibe during the engagement period. Before the luster wears off from the corrosive climate.

From my research, we should have good internet access along the way to post on this blog. But, we're packing light and Curt won't bring his laptop, so we may not be able to post photos. If anyone has a suggestion or request, please let us know.

See you all upon our return!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just caught up on your adventures by reading about the last trip and found your comments very interesting and amusing. I think you should be a writer.

Anonymous said...

Amy~
I recieved your text. Nerves? No. Excitement! Yes. Snow day today. We are buried. Looking forward to your next blog entry. Have fun.
~Amy

Anonymous said...

It's Thursday, so it must be Transylvania, maybe? Here's my request: learn something really cool about vampires. You know I've got a thing for them: Angel, LeStat, Spike, Darla, Dracula, Bill Compton. Did I mention Angel?

Is there a sports book in Prague?

Anonymous said...

Can you bring me back Angel?
Susie